New Visions’ Board of Directors each became part of the organization, not because of the positions they hold professionally, but because of their passion for this community and their commitment to work together to find positive changes. Each member recognizes that they don’t hold the answers alone, they don’t even hold the answers together, but by asking the right questions, engaging the right partners, and serving as a connector that gathers others who are interested, together we can have a positive impact on community development.
The Board of Directors hired Angie Urban in January of 2016 as Executive Director of New Visions. She assists the Board in coordinating projects and volunteers, providing fundraising efforts, and establishing overall organizational structure that is loose enough to empower volunteers, but sound enough to move things forward.
Angie has recently graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a Master’s Degree in Community Organizing (MSW) and has served with New Visions on the Board of Directors since its inception. She did not grow up in this area, but has a ‘fresh set of eyes’ that see tremendous potential for growth through connecting with New Visions. Angie will be building upon efforts made by NV’s first Executive Director, Larry Corvi, who served in that position from 2014-2015.
New Visions Board of Directors
- Robert Del Signore Sr., Board President (Lawrence County Commissioner)
- Joe Seminara, Board Vice President (Founder/Owner of Pizza Joe’s)
- Melissa Barnes, Board Secretary (Assistant Director, Cray Family and Youth Services, Inc.)
- Linda Nitch, Board Treasurer (Executive Director, Lawrence County Economic Development Corporation)
- Mary Burris (Landscape Architect, Landscape and Garden Designs)
- Martha Constant (Visit Lawrence County)
- David Copper (Executive Director, Cray Family and Youth Services, Inc.)
- Larri Corvi (Realtor, Howard Hanna)
- Carrie Goff (Bank Advisor, PNC Wealth Management)
- Joe Grimm (Retired)
- Kimberly Koller-Jones (Executive Director, Arts & Education at the Hoyt)
- Josh Lamacusa (District Attorney, Lawrence County)
- Honorable Judge Dominick Motto (Lawrence County)
- Michele Perelman
- Gayle Young (Executive Director, United Way of Lawrence County)